Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Holiday Cookie Blog Hop!

 


Hi Everyone!

Happy National Cookie Day—yes, really! :D
December 4 is National Cookie Day...(*go ahead, I’ll wait while you check*)...back? Okay! ;)

Hi Everyone and Welcome to the Holiday Cookie Blog Hop! :)

This fun hop is a chance for you to collect some awesome cookie recipes and hopefully add some holiday books to your TBR (to be read) pile!

 
I’m sharing my fast and easy recipe for: Peanut Butter Cookies

Here’s what you’ll need:
1/2 cup margarine or butter
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Sugar

Here’s what you do:
In a mixing bowl beat margarine or butter and peanut butter with an electric mixer on high for 30 seconds. Add 1/2 cup flour, white and brown sugars, egg, baking soda, baking powder and vanilla. Beat until combined. Add in the rest of the flour and beat until combined.

Place additional sugar in a small bowl. Roll dough into 1-inch balls. Roll balls in small bowl of sugar and place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten balls by crisscrossing with the tines of a fork.

Bake at 375 degrees (F) for 7-9 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned.

Cool cookies on a wire rack.

Makes about 3 dozen cookies!

 
In my holiday romance, CHRISTMAS HOPE, my heroine owns a bakery in the small town of Woodland Springs. Peanut Butter Cookies are one of her top sellers! ;)

Here’s the blurb:
Karen loves Woodland Springs, the town she grew up in. While her dream of owning a bakery in her hometown came true, the dream of finding love and raising a family seems unattainable until she meets Jason.

Jason Matthews moved to Woodland Springs to fill a veterinarian vacancy. After years of school and interning, he’s ready to start a family. When he meets Karen he knows she’s the one, but Karen is keeping something from her past a secret.

When a misunderstood Christmas present brings out the truth, Jason and Karen learn the true strength of their relationship.

CHRISTMAS HOPE is available on Amazon and Barnes&Noble!

Be sure to visit all the blogs on the hop to gather up all the yummy cookie recipes and learn more about each author’s holiday book!

Happy Hopping and Happy Cookie Day! :)

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fun! I love cookies and I love reading. This is perfect!

Alicia Coleman said...

What a great idea for a Blog Hop! The holidays, holiday stories and cookies. CHRISTMAS HOPE is already on my TBR list. Have fun!

Cat said...

Peanut butter cookies-so good my dog used to try and steal them from me!

Yummy cookies,a book, hot something to drink...is there anything better???

Paty Jager said...

Peanut butter cookies are my dad's favorite only he likes them made with crunchy peanut butter. Happy National Cookie Day!

Lelani Black said...

Looks scrumptious, Jane! I love baking holiday cookies, but ever since moving to the Rockies, the high altitude impacts how cookies (and cakes) turn out, flat and blah! So now I drool over pictures :)

Heather Hiestand said...

Yum! Peanut butter! My tummy is rumbly!

Beautiful Disaster said...

Yummy! These are a favorite of ours too. Thanks.

Laurie London said...

This looks like a great recipe! Can't wait to try it! Peanut butter cookies are one of my favorites.

~Jane~ said...

Hi Anon~ Thank you! :)

Hi Alicia~ Thanx for adding CHRISTMAS HOPE to your TBR list! :)

Hi Cat~ LOL...Pups do love peanut butter! Nope--there's no better combo! :)

Hi Paty~ I've used the crunchy before and it gives them more peanutty flavor! Happy Cookie Day! :)

~Jane~

Linda Andrews said...

Thanks for the recipe. I love PB cookies, but I can't read while I bake. I tend to burn the cookies. Of course, there's always after the baking...

~Jane~ said...

Hi Leilani~ Oh no! I hope there is a local place not to far away where you can get yummy baked goodness! :)

Hi Heather~ After looking at all the recipes I need a snack! LOL :)

Hi BD~ Happy Cookie Day! :)

Hi Laurie~ Thank you! :)

~Jane~

~Jane~ said...

Hi Linda~
LOL! Neither can I! I have to bake after--or before and munch while I read! :)

~Jane~

Jessa Slade said...

There's something about the fork imprint waffle pattern that makes my mouth water :) I guess I'm imprinted too!

Maggie Jaimeson said...

How serendipitous to have a story about a bakery and then a Xmas cookie recipe. I must admit, Peanut Butter cookies bring back lots of memories of my grandmother baking.

Raonaid Luckwell said...

Peanut butter cookies were always one mom made every year. Even when I was young. We always had fun with the fork on top!

raonaidatgmaildotcom

Tawny Weber said...

Oh yum! Peanut butter cookies are a favorite in our house. These look wonderful. And I love the sound of your story :-)

Autumn Jordon said...

Oh, if I make these, I'll gain back the ten pounds I just lost. I love peanut butter cookies. YUM

~Jane~ said...

Hi Jessa~ Oh, me too! I see them in the super-market and want them just cause of the fork imprint! :)

Hi Maggie~ Thank you! :)

Hi Raonaid~ Helping make the fork imprint is the best part when you're young! :)

Hi Tawny~ Thank you! :)

~Jane~

~Jane~ said...

Hi Autumn~

LOL! I have to admit, the recipe may make 3 dozen, but only two dozen are left when I'm done--and they don't stick around long! :)

~Jane~

Shelley Munro said...

These look delicious, and your story sounds wonderful too.

~Jane~ said...

Hi Shelley~ Thank you so much! :)

~Jane~